It's a simple question that I have always wondered about, and not just because I now have a teenager. Why do children both male and female reach a certian age and suddenly everyone 10 years older then them and older suddenly sound like the adults in the Peanuts cartoons. I can tell by looking in their faces that whenever us "older" people speak all they hear is whaaah waah waaah wahh. I know that I don't wear my pants around my ass or have the "latest" clothes. Frankly I am kinda a fuddy duddy for someone as young as I am but still! Occasionally I do have something worthwhile to say , like " Thats hot so keep your hands off" or "there a car speeding down the street , so you might not want to walk out into the road" or "I'm ready to pull my hair out so could you please do the thing I have been asking you nicely to do for the last hour while you have been plugged into videogames/computer/tevevision before I start screaming and pea soup comes flying out of my mouth" You know the basic stuff.
Don't get me wrong I have good kids, really I do but occasionally they get that zoned out looks on their faces and I know that I may as well be talking to a tree stump.
Every time Iam just about ready to run down the street screaming and pulling my hair out they come over and give me a hug and kiss on the cheek and ask if I am having a good day, and I turn back to a big pile of Mommy mush.
I swear it's a conspiracy .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I don't have children, but I have dogs that look at me the same way when I ask them to go outside when it's raining / cold!
ReplyDelete